Trayvon Mullen | Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images
Second-year cornerback has taken a huge step forward so far in 2020
Indeed, the second-year starting corner from Clemson has taken a huge step forward so far in 2020 and has become a favorite of analytics website Pro Football Focus. Expect Mullen to continue to make strides as the season progresses. PPF notes that Mullen ranks 4th in yards allowed per coverage snap (0.66) and has three PBUs in press through Week 4.
Raiders’ Trayvon Mullen has taken a massive step forward this year, especially when given the opportunity to work from press.
Mullen ranks 4th in yards allowed per coverage snap (0.66) and has three PBUs in press through Week 4.
— Austin Gayle (@PFF_AustinGayle) October 6, 2020
He is a smart player who works hard and it is paying off on the field. Once fellow starting cornerback and first-round pick Damon Arnette returns from a broken thumb in about six weeks, the Raiders should have a solid pair of cornerbacks to play down the stretch.
While several Las Vegas defenders — including defensive tackle Maliek Collins, defensive end Clelin Ferrell and linebacker Cory Littleton — have been disappointing, Mullen is doing his part and his future seems bright.
In other Raiders’ links:
- Where do the Raiders rank? Check out Yahoo’s Week 5 Power Rankings.
- Where does Derek Carr rank? Check out FanSided’s quarterback rankings.
- Film review: The Athletic looks back at the Buffalo film.
- It isn’t pretty: Here are some of Carr’s recent stats at games in Kansas City.
- Red-zone goal not being met: The Raiders have an NFL-high three field goals from the red zone. Jon Gruden wants touchdowns from the red zone.