Las Vegas owner only attends road games in 2020
It is well known that Las Vegas Raiders owner Mark Davis isn’t attending games at the team’s beautiful new home, Allegiant Stadium, this season.
Davis isn’t going to home games because fans can’t go to homes games. In August when the Raiders announced that no fans would attend games this season, Davis said if fans can’t go to home games, neither would he and he’s kept his promise. Davis, however, does go to Raiders road games.
This week, a former Raider great, offensive lineman Steve Wisniewski wondered on Twitter if Davis should go to home games to support the team. Wisniewski wasn’t being nasty or snide, it was an honest question.
I believe Davis should do whatever he feels is right and standing behind the fans will go a long way. He’s been waiting for a new stadium for many years and for him not to enjoy Allegiant Stadium this year is a big sacrifice. I think the Raiders’ players understand and Davis does go to road games, so I think his decision is remarkable.
What are your thoughts?
In other Raiders links:
- Make your plans: The 2021 NFL offseason calendar has been set.
- Trask talk: Former Raiders’ executive Amy Trask was on the Adam Schefter podcast.
- Nice job, Josh: Raiders running back Josh Jacobs is helping his community.
- Raiders mailbag: The San Jose Mercury News delivers the goods.
- Fantasy talk: Are Raiders’ players good fantasy plays this week?