Trayvon Mullen | Photo by Justin Edmonds/Getty Images
It’s a new era at the position for Raiders
The Raiders clearly feel their young corners are ready and it’s interesting that this cornerback power rankings was released on the same day. It got me wondering if we can see some young Raiders corners dominate on this list next year — and I believe we can.
Both projected starters — Trayvon Mullen and Damon Arnette — have had strong training camps. If these two players can both develop into top cornerbacks, the Raiders’ defense could potentially be strong for a long time. Mullen — a second-round draft pick in 2019 — and Arnette — a first-round pick this year — can grow old together (in NFL terms at least).
Add promising fellow youngsters Isaiah Johnson and Amik Robertson (Johnson was a fourth-round pick in 2019 and Robertson was taken in the fourth round this year), and the Raiders have potentially the best young cornerback group in the NFL.
In other Raiders’ links:
- Edwards may be good fantasy play: Adam Caplan thinks Raiders’ rookie receiver Bryan Edwards is worth drafting in fantasy football.
- Where Raiders stand? USA Today has an interesting look at NFL power rankings.
- A look at training camp: The Raiders’ website has a look back at camp.
- Tanner Muse reflects: Rookie linebacker Tanner Muse talks about his experience at camp with the team’s website.
- A good bet? PFF has some interesting AFC West betting thoughts.