Derek Carr, Dak Prescott | Photo by Don Feria/Getty Images
There are only six teams with lower odds to land the Dallas Cowboys QB
BetOnline has made odds for the 2021 team for the Dallas Cowboys’ quarterback and, of course, the Las Vegas Raiders are one of the teams that has among the lowest odds. The Raiders are priced at 10-1 to land Prescott next season. They are tied with the Pittsburgh Steelers and Washington at 10-1.
The only teams with lower odds (and a better chance to land Prescott according to the betting site) are the Indianapolis Colts, Chicago Bears, Minnesota Vikings, Jacksonville Jaguars, Los Angeles Chargers and New Orleans Saints.
It’s no surprise the Raiders have low odds. Every year, the national perception is that Jon Gruden wants to replace Derek Carr. It hasn’t happened yet, but the 2021 outlook already points that way, which is silly. Let’s see how Carr plays in 2020 before making any plans. Prescott’s future is in question because he hasn’t signed a long-term deal with the Cowboys and he could potentially be a free agent next year.
So, starts the 2021 intrigue — two months before the 2020 season starts. Yep, sounds like the NFL to me.
In other Raiders’ links:
- Nice Ruggs stat: PFF points out that top Raiders pick, Henry Ruggs III, was a yards-per-catch star at Alabama.
- Speaking of Ruggs: He has some news for Chiefs’ speedster Tyreek Hill.
- Loving Trent: The Raiders’ site has a nice look at right tackle Trent Brow
- Recruiting Clowney: Titans’ running back Derrick Henry wants Jadeveon Clowney in Tennessee. The Raiders also have interest in Clowney.
- Still some work to do: The Las Vegas Review Journal reports some minor work will be completed at Allegiant Stadium next month.