Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images
Raiders will host the Cardinals at Allegiant Stadium … if there are preseason games
We have another known date in Raiders’ history on the calendar: Aug. 27, 2020.
That is the date of the first home preseason game as the Las Vegas Raiders at Allegiant Stadium, the Las Vegas Review Journal reported on Thursday.
The Raiders will first host the Arizona Cardinals, then their second home preseason game is against the Los Angeles Rams on Sept. 3. The Raiders travel on road preseason games at the Seattle Seahawks and the San Francisco 49ers, on dates still yet to be determined.
The Raiders open their Las Vegas era at Allegiant Stadium in the regular season in Week 2 against the New Orleans Saints on a Monday night game Sept. 21.
Of course, all of these dates are in limbo because of the coronavirus pandemic. Even if there are games, we don’t yet now if fans will be allowed into the stadium.
In other Raiders’ links:
- Gruden talks: Raiders’ coach Jon Gruden discussed the Raiders’ virtual offseason with the San Jose Mercury News.
- Rodney Hudson is a stud: Pro football Focus shows just how dominant Raiders’ center Rodney Hudson has been in the past several years.
- Penalties by staffs: The Associated Press breaks down the Raiders’ season penalties by coaching staffs.
- Thursday night edge: The Associated Press shows why the Raiders have had an advantage on Thursday nights in recent seasons. They play at home on Thursday again this year, in Week 15 against the Chargers
- Robertson profile: The Athletic digs into Amik Robertson, the fourth-round draft pick by the Raiders.
- Maxx Crosby is ready: Raiders’ standout defensive end Maxx Crosby tells the Raiders’ website how excited he is for the team’s four prime-time home games this season.