Josh Jacobs | Photo by Jamie Sabau/Getty Images
Jon Gruden calls second-year running back a great leader
On Sunday, the second-year running back led the way with 128 yards on 31 carries in a 16-6 win at the Cleveland Browns in poor weather conditions. It was Jacobs’ best game in a season win which he has seen his per carry average dip from his great rookie season.
Yet, Jacobs wasn’t taking it easy Wednesday as the Raiders started their practice week in preparation of playing at the Los Angeles Chargers on Sunday. Raiders coach Jon Gruden said Jacobs led the way in practice and that doesn’t shock him because he’s becoming a leader on the team.
“The way he practices … he’s a great finisher and has great stamina,” Gruden said. “He carries 31 times; a lot of backs would come out on Wednesday on a hot day and take the day off. He led our team in terms of effort again today. He sits up in the meeting room, he asks great questions, he takes great notes. He’s the real, real deal. I could not be any more proud of Josh Jacobs.”
In other Raiders links:
- First-round grades: The NFL.com grades Henry Ruggs and Damon Arnette.
- Ditto: Bleacher Report has the same exercise for all first-round picks
- Derek Carr underrated? The USA Today thinks so.
- Any underrated Raiders on defense: Check out the USA Today for the answer.
- Why Raiders’ trades; Yahoo has the reasons.