Allen Robinson | Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
Bears’ star wide receiver is unhappy in Chicago – should he move to Las Vegas?
That puts Allen Robinson under our microscope: The standout Chicago Bears’ wide receiver made news on Tuesday when it was reported he is not happy with his contract situation. He can be a free agent next year.
Do I think the Raiders can pursue him? Well, it depends. If the Bears trade him this season, I think there are other teams that might make a bigger push (although I never say “never”). But if Robinson gets to free agency next year, I can see the Raiders being a potential buyer. They will have the cap room (and they can easily get out of Tyrell Williams’ contract) and they should be appealing to Robinson because of the offense and there is no state tax in Nevada.
Yes, I know the Raiders have rookies Henry Ruggs III and Bryan Edwards at the WR position. But I think the Raiders would love for Ruggs to have the freedom of moving around in Jon Gruden’s playbook. A Robinson, Edwards, Ruggs and Hunter Renfrow receiver crew could be stupid good.
The potential for this happening, at some point, isn’t totally out of the question.
In other Raiders’ links:
- Where do Raiders rank? USA Today has its Week 2 NFL power rankings.
- Looking good: The finishing touches are being put on Allegiant Stadium.
- Way too early: This NFL writer thinks the AFC West race is already over. Hint: it’s not.
- Where does Derek Carr rank? Fansided has its Week 2 quarterback rankings.
- This would have been weird: A look at how close John Elway came to becoming a Raider 37 years ago.