Raiders, 49ers | Photo by Daniel Shirey/Getty Images
Now the only NFL team in the Bay Area, the Niners have a new slogan
Then they had to explain themselves.
It doesn’t matter if the 49ers are trolling the Raiders or not. They’re alone in the Bay Area, claim it all you want.
But the 49ers need to realize this: The Raiders are fully focused on being in Las Vegas. They loved their time in Oakland, but they are looking forward to the future and good luck trying to convert any Raiders fan. That’s just not going to happen, catchy slogan or not.
In other Raiders’ links:
- Bay Area fans will be happy: Raiders’ games are expected to be shown in the Bay Area this season.
- Big expectations: The Las Vegas Review Journal is all fired up for the Raiders’ season.
- Bryan Edwards feature: The Athletic has a look at the life of the Raiders’ rookie receiver.
- Was Al ahead of his time? The Athletic has a look at how the late Al Davis may have been onto something in the pre-analytics NFL.
- Rules primer: This is a weird season. ESPN has you covered on all the changes.