Raiders are right in the thick of a chaotic conference as the Chiefs come to town
The NFL 2021 season is officially just past the halfway point as we are in Week 10 of a 18-week stretch.
With nine games remaining for most teams, this is what we know in the AFC — it’s a total mess and escalating at an historic rate. According to the Associated Press, going into this week’s action: 11 of the conference’s 16 games have a winning record with at least five wins. That is tied for most teams with a winning record through nine weeks, which was set in 2014.
The win tonight by the Steelers gives the AFC 11 teams with 5+ wins thru 9 weeks, tying the record for most teams with a winning record thru 9 weeks since merger. The AFC also did it in 2014
— Josh Dubow (@JoshDubowAP) November 9, 2021
Back in then, the Raiders stated 0-10 and were nowhere near the playoff picture. Now, they are right in the thick of the muddled conference at 5-3 heading into a huge AFC West game against the 5-4 Kansas City Chiefs at home on Sunday night.
So, we know this much going into Week 10 — this is a huge game against the Chiefs and the AFC is going to be dog fight down the stretch.
In other Raiders’ links:
- Davis pays respects: Raiders’ owner Mark Davis attended the Las Vegas funeral of Tina O. Tintor, 23, Thursday. She was killed in a November 2 car crash in which former Raiders’ receiver Henry Ruggs III was charged with DUI resulting in death.
- One less Chiefs’ fan in the house: An infamous Kansas City fan won’t be in attendance Sunday at Allegiant Stadium.
- Going back to Alabama well? The Raiders are already being connected to another Alabama top draft pick.
- Keys to the game: The Raiders’ website identifies keys to a Silver and Black victory against the Chiefs.
- Pro Bowl tickets: Interested in attending the Pro Bowl at Allegiant Stadium? Here’s how you can make it happen.
- Maxx on the mic: Raiders’ star pass-rusher Maxx Crosby was mic’d up.
- C-Wood honored: Raiders’ legend Charles Woodson will be honored at Sunday’s game.