Earlier this week, the sports media world learned that Max Kellerman is out as Stephen A. Smith‘s five-year partner on ESPN’s First Take.
The Worldwide Leader announced Kellerman is no longer part of the show. Instead, he’s taking over for Zubin Mehenti and will star alongside Keyshawn Johnson and Jay Williams.
That leaves an opening alongside Stephen A. Smith. Earlier Tuesday night a new report suggested NFL Hall of Fame wide receiver Michael Irvin could be used to help fill the void.
“Get ready for some potential TV fireworks. ESPN is considering bringing on Michael Irvin to debate Stephen A. Smith on ESPN’s “First Take,” sources tell Front Office Sports,” McCarthy wrote on FrontOfficeSports.com.
Not long later, Cowboys insider Mike Fisher spoke with Michael Irvin about the possibility of Irvin joining Smith on First Take. Let’s just say he didn’t say “no” and he didn’t say “yes.”
From Fisher’s article on Cowboys Maven:
“Fish,” he told me on Tuesday afternoon, “how many times in the last 32 years have I given you a ‘no comment”?
“Never,” I told him.
“Well,” Irving chortled, “you’re about to experience a first.”
Fisher, of course, wasn’t satisfied with that response and was hoping to lure the truth out of the former star wide receiver. After another attempt to get Irvin to spill the potential news, Fisher earned his second “no comment.”
“Don’t make me say ‘no comment’ twice,” Irvin told Fisher – with a laugh.
Stephen A. Smith and Michael Irvin in a spirited debate would certainly be worth the watch.
The post Look: Michael Irvin Responds To Stephen A. Smith, ‘First Take’ Rumor appeared first on The Spun.
Leave a Reply